Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Group 5 Post

http://failblog.org/

The posts are mainly just pictures of things that people have done wrong, and they have the popular phrase "fail" written on them. Sometimes laughing at the stupid things that we do or that others do is just the humor that we need. This blog takes it one step further by having even more humor blogs connected at the top, such as "failbook" and "win".

I think that this blog pertains to our theme because it is funny, and it also points out all of the stupid things that people do. I guess maybe the only thing that could be considered a social issue that all of the posts have in common is that humans (because there are posts about other countries, too) are capable of making mistakes or doing stupid things. However, the blog doesn't really comment on social issues, it just posts them with the phrase "fail".

13 comments:

  1. I am responding the the first prompt in this comment. When looking at he interface of the fail blog, I noticed a very plain and simply layout with a dark background. I think this reflects well upon the nature of the blog itself. The posts are all simple pictures or videos where the audience sees someone "fail". I think the recurring theme of failure in the posts goes well with the dark themed background of the blog. Also, I noticed that the rating system is from 0-5 thumbs down. I found it very odd that they use thumbs down symbols to show that they liked a video, but I think it goes well with the dark and simply themed layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1

    This blog's name makes its subject matter pretty obvious. There is a logo of a guy wiping out on a bike. The entire blog just consists of photos and videos of not so intelligent things people have done or made. Viewers can rate the degree of the "fail" on a thumbs-down scale from one to five. All of the posts have at least four thumbs down.

    There does not seem to be one social issue being criticized. You could maybe make the argument that each specific post criticizes an issue, but there is not one common theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week I am going to respond to question 5 that addresses the audience that this blog would appeal to. Judging by the fact that “failbook” sounds like “facebook” and all of the posts have something to do with what people have posted in Facebook, I am assuming that the target audience of this blog are people with Facebook accounts or at least people who are familiar with the format and ideas of Facebook. However, even if the person looking at the blog didn’t know about Facebook, I think they would still find it funny. Some of the comments people make and the things they post are hilarious and seem to be getting good responses from other viewers of the blog. Although the humor generally used may be more amusing for people in their mid-teens to twenties because of the overall inappropriateness of the jokes and posts, but if the reader does relate to the contents of the blog and have a matching sense of humor, as most do, this blog is really amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am answering number question 7. I think the blog is just for laughs. I believe that its sole purpose is to make people laugh and enjoy themselves. I think it does this very well though because all of the pictures and videos are highly rated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #7

    There are many tactics that people used to get a laugh. Certain words and expressions never fail to make people laugh; sometimes a picture itself could generate laughs more than bunch of words can do. This is why they say a picture worth a thousand words. And I personally love reading blog which is simple yet relevant like this. Look into the keen responses and comments from the viewers on the failblog, I can tell how effective a humor can be conveyed via images. Some somewhat reflect on the current social issue, whether to be intentionally or unintentionally. One thing is that there is no specific author, everyone who is the member of the site, free to post whatever post that they think it’s funny to share, which then resulting in a diverge audience group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #7

    I agree with the two comments above me. This blog is for the sole purpose of quick comedy.There is not a specific author, it is a bunch of funny posts from random people. I guess you could say this is a commonplace for comedy without the reviewing. The failbook is amazingly funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this blog teaches us no information except not to get caught looking stupid or else you will be all over the internet, i do not see the social issue in this blog? it is really funny, but serves no academic purpose whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #7

    I agree with everyone that has commented about this prompt. It is a very funny blog and I enjoyed reading many of the posts. It definitely seems that the purpose of the blog is strictly for humor and entertainment. Anyone seems to be able to post here and it seems very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog is obviously only for entertainment. Unless you are worried about repeating the same mistakes of the people on this blog, there is really no useful information that you could get out of it. While it does a very good job at being entertaining I do not see any benefit of following this blog and keeping up to date on the recent "fails".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the comments above me about the blogs purpose is comedy and to make people laugh. I think this blog is really funny. I scrolled through a lot of the pictures and most of them made me laugh. I don't think there is one social issue in the blog. I think that each picture or post could have their own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. #7
    I definitely think this blog was funny but I do not think it actually does anything. Its purpose is to make you laugh and I think it does that well. I guess if you were having a bad day it would make you a lot feel better by comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prompt #7:

    This blog has the ability to capture the attention of a variable audience, due to its simple humorous posts that almost anyone can understand.It does not serve any other purpose (influential, controversial, or meaningful) than simply pointing out the failed efforts of humans and animals. The blog's popularity helps to highlight the blog's unique achievement of being able to captivate the attention of thousands of viewers merely through individual pictures paired with the famous one-word catch-phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  13. #7
    The only purpose I can find looking at this blog is make people laugh. Sometimes what is shown by the videos or picture can hurt the viewer because it cannot understand the humor, or because who posted the picture or the video has a different idea/humor by the viewer.

    ReplyDelete